ICF Houston monthly membership meetings and education events feature speakers who can offer insights and expertise in the coaching industry or a related field, adding value for our members and contributing to their mastery of coaching.
Interested in speaking at one of our meetings or events? All of our ICF Houston speakers undergo a vetting process. You'll need to fill out the our speaker application by clicking on the link below Once your speaking proposal is reviewed, someone from our Programs team will follow-up with you in the event that you meet our criteria and would be a good fit for an upcoming event.
Speaking Engagement Policy for ICF Houston Chapter
regarding presenters for monthly meetings, workshops, and webinars
This policy provides guidelines and procedures for speakers presenting at ICF Houston Chapter events, including monthly meetings, workshops, and webinars:
While ICF Houston Chapter Sponsors may also hold individual ICF Houston Chapter Membership, for the purpose of this policy, the status of Sponsor supercedes that of
Member and these Sponsor-Members are considered Sponsors.
- As ICF Houston Chapter Sponsors have unique branding and promotional
opportunities, individual Sponsor-Members are not able to participate as presenters
for meeting programs and webinars. Permission to offer workshops may be granted
on a case-by-case basis.
- ICF Houston Chapter Members are eligible to be selected to present on a coaching
topic or specialization once every 2 years, in any presentation format. However, ICF
Houston Chapter members are subject to the same application, vetting, and
selection process as presenters from outside the ICF Houston Chapter.
No more than 6 presentations per year total (combining in-person monthly
meetings, webinars, or workshops) shall be conducted by ICF Houston Chapter
- All potential ICF Houston Chapter presenters whether external or internal ICF Houston Chapter Members will not use or promote assessments in their presentations (including Hogan, Gallup, Birkman, MBTI, Envision 360, Harrison, EQ-i, etc.). Contact information for more information may be provided in a final presentation slide. No sales or use of assessments in presentations will be allowed.
- All potential ICF Houston Chapter presenters, both internal ICF Houston members
and external presenters, shall be considered based upon the same application
process. Presentation content is to benefit membership learning, and subject to
topic, content quality, and timing considerations by the programs team, as well as
seasonality of chapter program needs. The application is to include prior
professional presentation experience as well as ICF Core Competency inclusion. A
minimum of 2-3 Core Competencies addressed by the presentation is desired but
- Content from all ICF Houston Chapter presenters should have a no-sales,
advertisement, or sponsorship approach. The goal is member education and
learning around coaching competencies or a coaching business, and the expectation
is presentations should provide true value to the ICF Houston Chapter members and